Frequently Asked Questions
What is KADU?
KADU is a payment button that allows you to trade worldwide and accept local payments in Colombia, Chile, Mexico and Brazil, as well as accepting global payments via Bitcoin, Litecoin, Neteller, Ukash, Egopay among other virtual payment methods.
How does KADU work
- 1. The customer places an order and chooses to pay with any of the KADU options.
- 2.The customer pays in cash; or makes a local bank transfer in Colombia, Chile, Mexico and Brazil; or pays with another innovative payment method such as Bitcoin, Neteller, Ukash or Egopay.
- 3. KADU processes the payment, follows the Know Your Customer (KYC) process and enables the money to be withdrawn in the currency set for the transaction.
- 4. KADU notifies you of the successful payment in order to complete the order for the client.
- 5. The merchant may withdraw their money at any time after it becomes available.
Is it safe to use KADU? Yes
- 1. The technology platform has been created with the best software development and security practices used in Asia and Europe.
- 2. The human team at KADU has over 15 years of experience in e-commerce and more than 5 years in electronic payments.
- 3. KADU has providers that designed and managed the infrastructure according to the following regulations, standards and practices: PCI DSS Level 1, ISO 27001, SOC1, SOC2, SOC3, HIPAA, CSA.
Who is KADU for? Who needs KADU?
- 1. KADU is very helpful for those merchants that sell in countries like Colombia, Chile, Mexico and Brazil, who will not need to create companies in each country.
- 2. KADU is the solution for those merchants that want to offer innovative payment methods with global reach such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Neteller, Ukash and others.
- 3. KADU is useful for businesses that want to integrate in a single payment method USD, AUD, GBP, CNY, EUR, JPY, NZD, SGD, USD, CLP, MXN and BRL without having a bank account for each currency.
What payment solutions are included in KADU?
- 1. Global Payments Collection in USD, AUD, GBP, CNY, EUR, JPY, NZD and SGD.
- 2. Local Payments Collection in Colombia, Chile, Mexico and Brazil.
- 3. Virtual Payments Collection in Neteller, OKPAY, Egopay, Bitcoin, Ukash, CashU and others.
What are the main advantages of KADU?
- 1. We have created the KADU payments button so that companies in Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa can accept cash payments from customers in Colombia, Chile, Mexico and Brazil without the additional costs of creating firms in each country.
- 2. Also, KADU accepts payments in Bitcoin, Litecoin, Neteller, Ukash, PaySafeCard, CashU, Egopay and other popular virtual payment methods worldwide.
- What is KADU?
What are the different payment methods that KADU offers?
The payment methods that KADU offers can be divided in 3 groups: Cash, Electronic and Virtual.
- • Cash method: Physical locations where customers can go to make their payment in cash. They are usually very popular malls or banking correspondents. The customer pays with a document containing the reference of payment or a barcode.
- • Electronic Method: Offers interbank transfers online along with immediate processing. An example in Colombia is PSE. In the group of electronic payments we find traditional credit card payments. International bank transfers are also part of this group.
- • Virtual Method: The payments made through innovative electronic payment systems such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Neteller, Egopay, Ukash and more.
With which currency can you receive payments from KADU?
The merchant can accept local payment in cash and electronic methods in Colombian Pesos (COP) in Colombia, Chilean Pesos (CLP) in Chile, Mexican Pesos (MXN) in Mexico and Real (BRL) in Brazil.
The merchant can also accept electronic payments through international wire transfers in USD, AUD, GBP, CNY, EUR, JPY, NZD and SGD.
Additionally, the merchant can accept payment in USD via Neteller, Egopay, Ukash and other innovative payment methods.
Finally, the merchant can accept payments in Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Which Latin American countries can I receive cash payments from?
You can receive cash payments initially in Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Colombia. We are working hard everyday to include most Latin countries.
In Latin America, why is it better to accept payment in cash and not by credit card?
In Latin America about 7% of the people have a credit card, ie, the remaining 93% can make payments in cash. In 2013 up to 560 million potential buyers were ready to pay cash in electronic stores. Only 40 million buyers can pay with credit cards.
Can I pay with a credit card through KADU?
Payments with credit cards are progressively being implemented in each of the countries. Initially KADU is offering this option in Colombia during 2014 and it will be included in other countries where you can collect.
- What are the different payment methods that KADU offers?
What is Know Your Customer (KYC)?
Know Your Customer (KYC) is the process used by KADU to verify the identity of the paying customers in order to mitigate risks of fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing.
This process is an additional service offered by KADU to their merchants in order to create a community of reliable electronic customers.
If a customer pays and has been verified with merchant A, he is automatically verified for all merchants that accept KADU, expedite and facilitate future purchases of the same client.
What are the benefits of Know Your Customer (KYC)?
With KYC you have the benefit of knowing the identity of this paying client without direct contact, also your company saves time and money in processes and paperwork. While KADU does this task, you have more time and money to focus on growing your business.
How can I integrate KADU to my website?
KADU offers various means of integration such as the payment link, email payment, payment button, page checkout, shopping cart plugin and/or API integration, these tools are tailored to your needs depending on the size of your business or customer flow.
How can I apply as merchant to accept payments by KADU?
You can apply by completing the application form using the PDF file (or online soon). Companies and independent merchants can apply. Please contact your KADU business developer to complete the application form.
- What is Know Your Customer (KYC)?